According to the Department of Education's website, by 2020 nearly two-thirds of available jobs in the U.S. will require a college degree. That is only a few years away! We understand that affording college these days can be difficult, so we are here to help with the financial stresses of your educational journey, and help you reach your career goals.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The AmeriCare Services Scholarship in Science is open to all full-time college students currently enrolled in an accredited public or private college or university.
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- All bachelor and master’s degrees with majors and minors in Science are eligible such as Environmental Science, Environmental Policy and Management, Horticulture, or Environmental Studies.
- Other science programs not listed will be considered and reviewed by our selection committee.
- Applicant must be able to provide an official letter of acceptance or an unofficial college transcript to prove current full-time enrollment.
- Application deadline is July 31st (for fall semester).
One qualified winner will be selected and contacted by the first week in September. Our selected scholarship committee chooses the winner, and once a winner is selected the decision is final. The scholarship recipient will be notified upon being selected, and the $1,000 scholarship will be sent directly to the financial aid office located at the school in which the recipient is enrolled.
Submitting Your Essay
Please email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org of no more than 500 words explaining how our scholarship and your current degree program will help you become successful and what that success will mean for you and/or your career goals.
Essay format requirements: Maximum size 10MB, must be in a .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
All information you submit to AmeriCare Services Scholarship in Science is used solely for the scholarship selection process. At the close of the selection process, all information submitted by the applicant will be deleted. No personal information will be shared with or sold to any third parties. AmeriCare Services may use award recipient’s information for public relation purposes but only upon receiving written consent by the recipient.