Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Chattanooga TN
Water and homes seldom mix unless that water is in a controlled environment. This is a fact that remains true both inside and outside of your home.
What causes water leaks in a home or business?
Why do most people put off waterproofing their basements?
What makes waterproofing one of the most important home improvements you could make?
Ameri Care Services, a Nashville company that provides waterproofing services, has some information that can answer these important questions.
What causes leaks?
Moisture is always present underground – and especially during rainy periods, which has been quite often here in middle Tennessee.
It penetrates through basement walls and floors whenever any of the following conditions exist:
- Inadequate waterproofing of exterior walls during construction
- Cracks caused by expansion and contraction as the temperature changes
- Joints opening between walls and floors due to foundation settlement
- Openings created to allow access for water pipes and cables
- The general failure of the building medium due to initial poor construction quality
Why do individuals put off waterproofing their basements?
- Does It Cost Too Much? Waterproofing your basement may not cost as much as you think. Often the solution is a simple one like fixing or unclogging a gutter. If a basement is consistently leaking over a period of time, the problem can and will only get worse. When the problem gets worse, it gets more costly to fix it. Spending the money to fix it before the problem becomes serious can save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Can I Fix It Myself With Waterproof Paint? In reality, waterproof paints and coatings will only mask the problem. They will not keep water out, but they may keep you from having to look at it for a short time.
- Is It Really That Bad? Maybe your basement only leaks on occasion and it’s not that bad. It would probably still be best to have a waterproofing professional in Nashville take a look at it just to make sure that it will not lead to any future problems. It may be a simple fix!
Why should I get my basement waterproofed by a professional?
- You’ll Be Reducing the Risk of Flooding! Waterproofing reduces the risk of flooding by reshaping the way water interacts with your home. Waterproofing your foundation will keep more water away from your home, which in turn reduces the likelihood that water will enter your home via the foundation, basement, or crawlspace.
- You’ll Be Keeping Your Basement Dry! Waterproofing your Murfreesboro basement creates an environment that can be used for everything from recreation to storage. This allows you to utilize your basement to its fullest without having to worry about floods, leaks, or moisture that can cause extensive damage.
- You’ll Be Reducing Overall Moisture! Moisture in a home can make your home feel warmer during the summer, cause oxidation on metal objects, destroy paper products, foster environments where mold thrives, and reduce the comfort you feel in your own home.
- You’ll Be Protecting Your Home! Waterproofing your foundation can prevent water from seeping into your home where it can warp boards, cause walls to rot, and ruin your possessions. It minimizes the amount of water that seeps inside of your home.
Get Your Basement Waterproofing Solved in Murfreesboro and Nashville!
At Ameri Care Services, we take a personalized approach to waterproofing the basements for each of our clients. We understand that waterproofing your foundation is one of the most important improvements you can make to your home. If you would like to learn more about our waterproofing services, please contact us by calling (615) 893-7111today to schedule a consultation. We welcome clients from the Murfreesboro and Nashville, TN Areas.