Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Chattanooga TN
Flu season is here, but there are actually many causes and reasons behind an illness. Germs can lead to flu, the common cold, and even more serious viruses that even could threaten your life. One source of illnesses has nothing to do with germs … it comes from mold. Your mold removal experts in the Nashville area at Ameri Care Services are here to help you identify signs of toxic mold exposure and what you should do if you think you are being exposed to mold in your home or basement.
Know the symptoms of mold exposure
- Skin rash can develop from direct contact or even from inhaling fumes from the mold. If a rash has formed on your skin seemingly out of nowhere, household mold exposure could be the cause. Visit a dermatologist, who can diagnose the rash and its potential source.
- Eye irritation is a common symptom of people who have been exposed to mold, as it can lead to redness or watery eyes. People may mistake this as a symptom of seasonal allergies, especially if it occurs during the spring. If your eyes stay red and keep watering through seasonal changes, mold exposure could be the real reason why.
- Frequent headaches represent one of the most frustrating and potentially debilitating ailments a person can face. Migraine sufferers, for example, deal with headaches that often impede their ability to function on a daily basis. Migraine patients can be susceptible to certain environmental factors—including mold. Do you notice headaches go away when you are out of your home but return when you come back? Then you may have been exposed to mold in your home, basement, or crawlspace.
- Fatigue can have a major impact on your daily routine. It occurs often as a symptom of an illness or due to sleep deprivation. However, mold exposure also can manifest as fatigue.
- A sore throat can occur from mold exposure, becoming a source of irritation, leaving you with a raw and scratchy throat. Have you been battling a sore throat for more than a couple of weeks without finding relief? Make an appointment with your doctor, who can identify the cause of your sore throat to eliminate any potential illnesses such as a cold.
- Shortness of breath is especially common in cases of mold exposure among people with allergies or who have weakened immune systems. The mold spores are inhaled and then cause respiratory distress. Others who are prone to develop shortness of breath from mold exposure include the very young, the very old, and people with asthma. In fact, people actually can develop asthma due to mold exposure or may have asthma attacks triggered by mold.
- Sinus drainage: Are you battling a runny nose on a seemingly constant basis? This can be one of the strongest indicators of mold exposure in your home. A runny nose or sinuses are triggered by an allergic reaction to the mold spores, or irritation of the nasal membranes by the spores. A persistent runny nose can be a sign of mold exposure. Your family physician or an allergist can make an accurate diagnosis.
Any of the above can be indicators of mold exposure. If you are suffering from several of the above symptoms at once, then we recommend scheduling a mold inspection in Nashville for your home with a company like Ameri Care Services. You also should track your symptoms. Are they worse when you are home? Do they diminish when you are at work, at school, or traveling? If the answer to either question is yes, then toxic mold could be the cause of your health problems.
Mold inspections in Murfreesboro
Ameri Care Services offers a range of mold services: inspections, testing, and remediation. Once the mold has been removed, we also can waterproof your home—including basements and crawl spaces—with tools such as our CleanSpace Crawl Space Encapsulation system and our basement dehumidifiers. If you want to schedule a mold inspection for your home, call our office at (615) 893-7111.
Ameri Care Services is here for clients in the areas of Nashville, Mt. Juliet, and Murfreesboro, Tennessee.