Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Chattanooga TN
It is easy to live by the credo, out of sight, out of mind, but it isn’t always the best approach to take. For instance, just because you may not look under your car’s hood, ever, doesn’t mean that you can ignore the necessary maintenance it requires. And, when it comes to health, many people tend to ignore their high blood pressure or cholesterol levels because they can’t see anything going on. These same bad habits are no different when it comes to your home.
You may not actually see moisture in your crawlspace or basement, but it is there. And, the worst part is that it’s causing problems in your home and you probably don’t even realize it.
Here are ways that moisture can cause problems for homeowners, and even lead to dangerous health issues
- Makes asthma or allergies worse. Moisture encourages dust mite growth, which is bad for allergies and is a breeding ground for mold. Mold definitely is not good for anyone, whether or not you already have allergies.
- It degrades the paint on the outside of your home, and the roof sheathing and shingles. This could create even bigger, more expensive problems for a homeowner. From the roof to the foundation, water damage can take its toll on your home if you ignore it.
- Moisture causes doors or windows to stick. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is because it means the wood surrounding these structures (like the door or window frames) could be changing shape or lack structural integrity due to moisture damage. You also may see condensation form on the inside of your windows.
- It leads to higher heating and cooling bills because damp air takes more energy to heat and cool. You could be wasting money every month on your energy bill because of an untreated moisture problem in your home.
- Moisture also can cause rot or mold in your attic, and cause hardwood floors to buckle. These problems continue to worsen and become more apparent, the longer you ignore your moisture problem.
All of these problems end up costing you more money, and even your health in some instances, in the long run. So, we have to ask, is it really worth it to ignore that moisture problem in your home?
At Ameri Care Services, our basement and attic waterproofing specialists make taking care of the water problem in your home, simple. But it starts with you. Contact our office to schedule your free waterproofing consultation, or call (615) 893-7111. Stop putting it off telling yourself that you will get to it eventually. And, don’t assume it’s a job you can handle on your own because basement waterproofing is not a DIY job. Our specialists are trained to deliver only the best results to our clients.
So, whether you need help dealing with moisture in your Nashville basement, or want to explore the costs of a professionally installed sump pump for your home in Murfreesboro, Ameri Care Services is here to help.