Mt. Juliet, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville, TN
Mold is common both inside and outside. Mold and mildew can be brought into your home on clothes or by open windows, doorways and even your heating and air systems. Mold and Mildew prefers moist environments like a leaky crawl space or basement.
Some of the steps you can take to help control mold and mildew are:
- Keep the humidity level low in your home especially in your crawl space or basement. Consider using a basement or crawl space dehumidifier.
- Repair leaks and cracks in the foundation of your property and around windows and doors entering your crawl space or basement.
- Make sure you completely dry anything that gets wet no matter how small. Mold and mildew can begin to grow in as little as 24 hours.
- Make sure that the landscaping around your home is draining away from the crawl space or basement.
- Be aware of any musty or damp odors as that is normally your first sign of mold and mildew problems.
- You may also look for discoloration in the flooring, walls and ceilings of your basement or crawl space.
If you do see any mold or mildew then you should contact a professional mold and mildew removal company to do an inspection of the area in question. The visible mold and mildew may only be part of your problem. If you are dealing with toxic mold such as black mold then you and your family’s health may be at risk. You should seek to have the contaminated areas cleaned up and also solve the problem that caused the problem in the first place.
Ameri Care Services offers mold and mildew removal services for middle Tennessee including Nashville, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Clarksville, Cookeville, Mt. Juliet, Franklin, Jackson and Bowling Green Kentucky.
Once you have finished with the mold and mildew removal you should have a complete basement or crawl space waterproofing system installed. Contact the mold and mildew removal professionals at Ameri Care Services today for a free consultation.