Mold Clean up and Remediation

Mold inside a home can have a dangerous effect on the health of all the occupants, as it can produce allergens, toxins and irritants.  Call Ameri Care today and you and your home will be on the way to a mold and must free life.

Mt. Juliet, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville, TN

What Is Mold?

Molds are forms of fungi that grow all year either outdoors or indoors. Outdoor, molds are found in the soil, on plants, and decaying matter. Mold is sometimes referred to as mildew. Mold thrives in warm and humid conditions, it is however possible for mold to grow during cold weather. There are many types of mold and they come in a variety of colors. Often, a musty smell will signal the presence of mold. Mold produces cells called “spores” that can be transmitted through the air. Mold spores are essentially the “seeds” of mold, which allows for the mold to spread to new areas.

How Does Mold Get Into My Home And How Does It Grow?

Mold spores may enter your house from the outside through your doors or windows they may also enter through your heat or air conditioner. Mold can also attach to people or animals, they may also attach to any bags or clothing we may bring into your home.

When mold spores come into contact with excessive moisture, such as a wet crawl space or basement, they will grow. Many materials in your home provide an ideal place mold to grow. Wet materials such as cardboard, ceiling tiles, wood, insulation materials, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery and wood products, encourage mold growth.

 

Moldy Basement in the Knoxville Tennessee area

Is Mold Dangerous?

Many Americans don’t fully understand the risks of being exposed to mold and mold spores. Sometimes, people are unaware that they are breathing mold spores until they are very sick. If exposed to toxic molds, you may develop serious complications from the exposure such as respiratory problems, mental problems, heart problems, cancer, fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, bleeding lungs and more.  Airborne toxins created by some mold may cause serious issues, such as breathing problem, memory loss, hearing loss, feeling of being dizzy, cold or flu-like symptoms, and others.