Nashville and Murfreesboro TN
If there is one thing that is for sure, it’s that no one really likes to have mice in their home! These rodents carry 25 known diseases, can bring in fleas and other unwanted house guests, which makes them a potential threat to humans. Your Nashville pest control specialists at Ameri Care Services has seven ways to keep mice out of your home this fall. If you are already experiencing an issue with rodents or would like a professional to remove mice from your home, please contact us today!
- Seal up gaps and holes-Search around your home both inside and out, and seal up any small cracks, gaps, or holes that you find. Mice can squeeze into a space as small as their head since their body collapses as they squeeze through. Sealing up these entry points also will help reduce the number of other pests that could enter your home. Check around windows, doors, along your foundation, and where pipes enter your home. Inside, check around baseboards, and any area where pipes or electrical cords enter your home.
- Keep your house clean-Mice are attracted to filth, food, water, and clutter. Be sure to clean your home regularly to keep food crumbs, debris, and spills cleaned up. Keep dust and other debris swept up or vacuumed as mice like to use this debris to build their nests. Remove clutter from your home and store unused items or keepsakes in sealed containers with lids, keeping them away from the main living area of your home.
- Store food properly-Be sure to store all food properly by keeping opened packages sealed tight or in sealed containers. Avoid leaving food out on the counters or open packages such as chips, crackers, cereal, and other snacks in your cabinets. Make sure you have a tightly fitting lid for your trash can, and take the trash out daily. Also, keep pet food stored properly and in a tightly sealed container.
- Get a pet-Cats, and even dogs, help deter mice. If you have a pet already, chances are that they are helping keep mice away or even kill them if spotted indoors or around the home outside. If you don’t have one, consider getting at least one to keep outdoors.
- Use repellents-There are many natural rememdies available to repel mice including placing potted herbs such as mint around your home. Bay leaves also are a deterrant to mice as they dislike the smell. Some people swear by mothballs, placing them in the corners of their closets, in drawers, and under furniture. Ultrasonic repellents may also help drive rodents away from your home.
- Set traps-Get some traps from your local hardware store and set them up around your home. Be sure to keep the traps away from where pets or children can reach as they could cause harm to them. Check your traps daily as you don’t wait a dead mouse decaying!
- Hire a pro pest control specialist-Of course, the best and most obvious solution to ridding your home of mice is to hire a professional pest control company in Nashville. We can safely and effectively remove mice from your home, and keep them from coming back.
To learn more about our pest control services or about how to get rid of mice in your Nashville home, please contact Ameri Care Services by calling (615) 893-7111. We provide pest control services to homes and businesses greater Nashville area of Tennessee. Call for a free estimate!