Nashville and Murfreesboro TN
Termites. Just the word makes all homeowners cringe. There are few things, outside of fire and water, which can damage a home more than these tiny insects.
- Why are termites so damaging to homes?
- What are the signs of a termite infestation?
- When should you have your Murfreesboro or Nashville area home or business inspected for termites?
- What can be done if termites are damaging your home or business?
These all are popular questions that you may be wondering. Termite technicians in Nashville at Ameri Care Services have some information and tips on how you can recognize, get rid of, and prevent termites in your middle Tennessee home or business.
Why are termites so damaging to homes?
Termites eat wood, and they can eat a lot of it in a short time. The average colony can eat about one foot of a 2×4 in six months. In eating wood, termites are also making tunnels inside the wood in order to help foster and grow their colonies, each of which contains about 60,000 termites. As such, when they eat the wood that provides the structure of your Murfreesboro or Nashville home, they can quickly create an unsafe environment for you and your family. Even brick or masonry homes can have termite damage in the wood substructure, as they often still have some wooden components. Finally, termite waste stinks and causes stains.
What are the signs that you may have a termite infestation?
We, at Ameri Care Services, don’t want you to miss the signs of termite infestations!
We’ve provided you with some warning signs you can look for at your Murfreesboro or Nashville area home:
- Termite Shelter Tubes
- Subterranean Tunnels
- Blowholes in Trees
- Piles of Termite Frass In or Around the Home
- Presence of Wings
- Squeaky floors
- Sagging floors or ceiling
- Sawdust in unusual areas of home or business
How often should you get your home inspected for termites?
A termite inspection almost always is requested if you are financing a home to purchase. An inspection also should be done for newly built or remodeled homes as well. Aside from those events, you should receive a termite inspection once a year by qualified pest technicians in Nashville. This will greatly reduce the likelihood of termites causing thousands of dollars worth of damage.
How can an infestation be destroyed and future infestations be prevented?
If you discover termites in your home, don’t panic! These horrible pests are destructive and apprehension about them is justified, but they can be treated. There are ways to get rid of an infestation and to prevent them from returning.
Although, each case is different, here are a few ways that Ameri Care Services treats termites:
- Soil Treatment-These are used on the surrounding soil to act as a treatment barrier. This type of treatment helps prevent future termite infestations, and kills any termites in the house as they return to the soil to nest.
- Wood Treatment-Wood treatments include surface sprays, injected sprays and foams. Wood treatments prevent termite infestations and eliminate any existing termites in homes.
- Bait Systems-Bait termite treatment systems are an effective way of destroying termite colonies. One of Ameri Care Services’ pest control professionals will install bait stations around the perimeter of the home and monitor the stations on a set frequency ensuring the home is protected from future infestations.
Get Protected from Termites in Murfreesboro and Nashville!
At Ameri Care Services, we take a personalized approach to inspecting for, treating, and preventing termites. If you would like to learn more about our termite inspection, extermination, or prevention services, please contact us by calling (615) 893-7111 today to schedule a consultation. We welcome clients from the Murfreesboro and Nashville, TN Areas.