Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Chattanooga TN
Flood and water damage are destructive on all fronts. They are mentally taxing, physically catastrophic, and financially crippling. When a flood or water damage happens in your home or business, you have no choice but to pick up the pieces and keep moving forward. Ameri Care Services doesn’t want to see you make a hazardous mistake when recovering after a major flood incident. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top five mistakes people make when handling the task of flood cleanup in your Nashville home.
- The Early Bird Gets The Worm – It may be hard to find the emotional and physical strength to move on after water damage has taken over your home or business, but you can’t wait too long to clean it up. As the old saying goes, “the early bird gets the worm.” Flood damage is destructive within the first 24-48 hours. Stagnant waters can cause unimaginable amounts of damage. Your wiring, plumbing, HVAC system, walls, flooring, and belongings may be salvageable after a flood first hits. However, the longer you wait, the more likely it is that your property and belongings will be beyond repair. Mold and mildew can begin to develop within the first 24 hours of a flood. If you end up with this type of damage, our mold remediation services in Nashville can help save your home or business.
- Not Fearing The Unknown – Flood damage isn’t an exception to the rule. Standing water can cause hazards underneath the surface of your floors. Structural integrity can become compromised when water damage occurs. Sanitation issues, in the form of greywater and blackwater floods, can create biological health threats. You may even have electrical shock dangers. As you can see, water damage can be a huge problem for home or business owners in Nashville. That is why our waterproofing services can help prevent this type of headache in the first place.
- Inexperience – Cleaning a small leak with towels and a Shop-Vac is doable for most people, but significant flooding isn’t so simple. While you may be able to clean up small water leaks yourself, what happens when it comes back? A flooded basement is a headache in and of itself, but dealing with it twice, three times or more probably isn’t something that you want to deal with. Our basement-waterproofing specialists provide superior services to homes and businesses in Murfreesboro. That way, you never have to worry about water damage in your basement or crawlspace again.
- Not Sweating The Small Stuff – Why make a mountain out of a molehill? We’ll tell you that in situations such as a flood, the small details can be the most important. It’s impossible to account for every little detail when your personal belongings have been overrun by hardship, and your emotions are running high. Water can seep anywhere. A couple of weeks after you attempted to clean your residence, you may begin to smell something sour, dank, or mildewy. Then, before you were even aware of its presence, toxic black mold could be growing under your floors or in your walls. Don’t fall victim to unknown biological hazards. Our staff at Ameri Care Services is trained to stop mold in its tracks. We know what we are looking for when assessing your home or business for mold or mildew in middle Tennessee.
- Not Calling The Professionals – The most important decision you can make is whether or not to contact a professional waterproofing or mold remediation company. There are lots of products on the market that promise homeowners an easy DIY task of repairing basement leaks. But, most homeowners don’t really know what they are doing, and often end up with an even bigger problem than when they started. Contact the pros at Ameri Care Services to handle your basement and waterproofing needs. We will make sure you are protected in the long run.
Waterproofing Services in Nashville
If you are tired of your basement or crawlspace flooding or retaining too much moisture, contact the waterproofing specialists at Ameri Care Services. We provide our services to homes and businesses in Nashville, Murfreesboro, Mt. Juliet, and Franklin, TN. Contact Ameri Care Services today at (615) 893-7111.